It's been quite awhile since I've utilized this blog--almost 5 months, actually! I last posted about taking an electronic break, which was surprisingly incredibly enjoyable and effective. Once I disconnected myself from facebook, I found so much more time to focus on the Lord, be productive, and I didn't even feel the desire to return. The only reason I reactivated my facebook after over three months was to stay in communication with all the new friends I made this summer in Germany.
Speaking of, I was in Germany for almost seven weeks! It was amazing and wonderful and incredible and all things good in life, and I did not want to return to Texas. At all.
I have decided that for the next few weeks I'm going to post excerpts & elaborations from the journal I kept during my trip. This actually wasn't my idea, but was an inspired suggestion from this wonderful friend and
blogger. :) It will help me to remember the experiences I had, the lessons I learned, and enable me to share it with you in the most tangible way possible. This summer was an incredible time of community with the Lord, as He was the only constant I had in my life, so many of my journal reflections are cries to God or depictions of what I could feel Him whispering to me. There were many times of elated joy, and some times of overwhelmed sorrow (though they were far outweighed by enjoyment). I will share all of this with you! I'm not sure yet how the format will go, but we'll see when I post my first blog. For now, I will leave some pictures. Happy viewing!
 |
| With my lovely friend Katie Johnson on my first full day in Hamburg, Germany! |
 |
| She took me to some incredible places, including this park. |
 |
| I will detail that first day or few in my next post, with more pictures, of course. |
 |
| Probably my favorite picture from my entire trip... It really sums up who I am. |
 |
| Here I am, with Hamburg in the background. So elated to finally be there! |
I'm excited!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I love the waterfall :)