I've never been a fan of The Office. I have tried by watching an episode here and there, because so many of my friends find it so funny. I never found it funny, though, because I believe many of the jokes and insinuations are only humorous because of the character personalities that have been developed in previous episodes. And so, my great roommate, Lainy (with whom I have been friends since eighth grade), decided to "turn" me into an office fan by starting from the beginning.
We bought a dozen rolls from Grandy's for like $3 (yeah, about eating Paleo...we'll get to that in a moment...) and rented the first two seasons from Hastings (with my awesome discount, I might add). And slowly but surely, I now say I enjoy the Office. Except, it wasn't that slowly since I started season 1 on Tuesday night, and am almost finished with season 3 today. Congratulations, Lainy. Mission accomplished, monster created.
Paleo. Paleo is a wonderfully healthy lifestyle. It made me feel great, and I definitely noticed a difference in my body in the (almost) three weeks I attempted to strictly adhere to it. That being said, it is definitely strict, quite time consuming, and a bit costly. I believe the premise behind it is worthwhile, but for now I am going to take a rest from strict Paleo. I am still going to make an effort to avoid dairy products, refined sugar, and especially grains, but I'm not going to guilt myself if I can't eat completely Paleo. I say especially grains because when I [cheated] and had them, after not having eaten them for two weeks, they hurt my stomach the most, and noticed some "puffiness" in my tummy. So there ya have it---great lifestyle, not completely for me.
I grew up with headaches and migraines. If you've never had a migraine, for starters, count yourself lucky, but you might not understand that there's a difference between the two (headache vs. migraine). Allow me to briefly explain! A headache is a nuisance and hurts a lot. A migraine can start as a headache and progress, or it just announces itself from the start as a migraine. It is a debilitating, painful experience where light is blinding, thinking hurts, standing makes you dizzy and the pain can often be so immense that you vomit. Over the past year, my migraines have become much more frequent but were tempered with some great prescription meds from my fabulous doctor. One bottle (almost empty, now..) that usually do the trick, and another type--Maxalt--which is incredibly expensive and no longer covered by insurance, so those babies are reserved for when I'm basically dying. Over the past couple weeks, though, my migraines have gotten worse and more frequent again, causing me to miss class a few times. I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday, so hopefully that will help me get all fixed up.
School this week has been pretty mild, which is a wonderful change in pace... but with more exams coming up and two research papers due soon, I have a lot that I should be getting started on. Also, I have finally addressed and stamped most of my support letters, so they'll be shipping out tomorrow!
Lastly, for this completely random and irrelevant post, I'm going to briefly mention the book titled, Brucko, by Bruce Olsen. It's about a missionary who, at the age of 19, followed the Lord's direction to reach an Indian tribe, even when everyone was against the idea. Over the course of his lifetime he was able to reach the Motolone (sp?) tribe, and others as well, with the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am probably going to write a little later about what I've read so far, but for now, I'll leave this as a mostly pointless life update. I almost hope you didn't read that, because you probably wasted a few minutes of your life! ; )

YESSSSSSSS - good job Laina :)
ReplyDeleteAlso, isn't Grandy's delicious??
The rest of the post was lovely as well.