Praise the Lord for such glorious rays of sunshine, the perfect temperature, and the best shades of green around. I even got to read articles for my research paper by pool yesterday for two hours and am developing a nice crisp.
. . . my stressful German exam on Friday
being changed to a take-home exam on Wednesday and not due until Monday!
. . . tidiness!
Our apartment has been quite clean for a few days, and has stayed that way, as has my bedroom. It's amazing how much more driven I can be in a clutter-free environment! Speaking of:
. . . motivation!
We are at that point in the semester where everything is converging at once! Way too many projects, exams, research papers and the like to even discuss, but I'm nearing the point of stress-overload (which leads to crawling under the covers and refusing to come out). However, this weekend I have gotten quite a bit done, and with the exception of this blog to sing praises to Him who brings life, I am still motivated to be productive today! I prayed last night as I was falling asleep to have a desire and spirit of productivity today, and the Lord has provided. Why I am I still surprised when that happens? Oh....
. . . someone to take my lease!
I will be out of the country for several weeks this summer, and I have found a wonderful new friend named Bonnie to live in my apartment and pay my lease for the months of June, July and August! What a blessing not to pay rent for an empty room :) And we got along so wonderfully, I cannot wait to get to know her better and hangout more! She found out about my apartment through The City, a social networking tool my church utilizes.
. . . prayers and funds :)
I have sent out the majority of my support letters for my Germany trip, and funds and feedback have already begun to drift in. Praise the Lord!
. . . my cats
I love them a lot. I have two (my sister has one as well), but they live all the way in Justin :( Woody has been my baby since I was in Kindergarten! And I'm pretty sure Tanner has brain damage because he's so weird, but so funny. Above is Tanner, expressing his affection to my shoe. He was loving and kissing and hugging it for a solid ten minutes. I have a video. Below is Woody, telling me I'm not allowed to leave for school since he took my backpack hostage.
. . . my appointment with the neurologist in May.
I would really love not having a headache daily, and migraine weekly (at least), when I live in Germany for seven weeks. It would be so wonderful to feel healthy!!!! I recently got some new medication, which is actually anti-seizure medication, to help with migraines. I haven't had one, but my headaches seem to be more frequent and stubborn. hmph.
. . . being single. . .
though I do sometimes (okay, okay, often) complain about how everyone (but really, everyone) is engaged, married, or headed in that direction, I really am thankful and blessed for the place God has me in my singleness. I am so busy and thinly spread as it is with school, work and extra-curriculars through church, I would hardly have time for a companion! And as I am preparing to relocate to Germany as a mission-school student/missionary, my singleness is truly an advantage gifted from the Lord. Praises to Him!
(I do, however, reserve the right to say that if the Lord were to bring a man into my life whose life-purpose, goals, and visions align with mine, I might find some time for him;).
. . . the church.
not necessarily, the Village Church, though I am incredibly thankful for the growth, teaching and community I have found there. I am referring to the body of Christ, the family of brothers and sisters who I can lean on and love on, grow with and grow through, struggle with and help through struggle. Recently, I have received several emails from brothers across the globe in Germany and Switzerland in regards to my upcoming trip to Germany, or in regards to my potential relocation after graduation. They are so open, loving, and desiring of missionaries to come to Europe--I already feel so welcome and loved, and I haven't even met them yet!
. . . the cheeseburger I just ate.
awful for me, but it tasted so good!
. . . home
I'll be moving home for a few weeks in June, and commuting to work & church in Denton, until I leave for Germany on the 27th. I'll also be living there when I return on August 13th until I move back into my apartment on September 1st. I love that small town, out in the middle of nowhere, see the stars at night, relish the smell of manure, remember the sound of crickets and coyotes place. It feels like home (well, it is), and I love all of the memories that live there.
Seriously, how can you look at these pictures and not see how beautiful God's creation is!? Lovely :) Favorite parts of the drive home.
. . . Family
I love my family very much, and I love how honest and open we can be with one another. It is always many laughs when we are together (many, many laughs), and I'm looking forward to spending some time with them when I move home for a few weeks in June & August. Below is a picture with my Meme & Papa (dad's parents) on Easter Sunday when we met for brunch.

what lovely things to be thankful for.
ReplyDelete