I've decided to start capturing my thoughts, feelings, struggles, and praises through the written word, not to please a person or to feel good about myself, but to have another place to proclaim God's work in my life and give him all the glory for it. . .
That being said, I spent far too long trying to figure out a "name" for my blog. I won't lie: I googled things like "how to name your blog" and "christian blog names." ...they didn't help, but were great for a laugh...
So instead, I opened up my Bible and started sifting through verses, in pursuit of some inspiration. I began to think about what I wanted to convey through this blog, where my life is right now, and what others could relate to. What I came up with was:
A Searching Soul.
We all search for something to fill our voids, but Christ alone can satisfy
I chose "a searching soul," because everyone is searching... searching for something to fill the void within our hearts. It looks different for everyone: we fill our voids with material possessions, relationships, success, sex, power, love, drugs, fame, recognition. We search for meaning, fulfillment and purpose in those things. Sometimes, it even works! ..for awhile. But then we realize that our void is still empty, so we fill it something newer and shinier, to numb ourselves to the aching feeling that there is more to life than this. I've been there, and through Christ's saving grace through faith, and not through anything I did, Christ is now occupying that void and He is the only one that ever will satisfy the longing! You know why? Because that hole in our heart was made for Him!
Okay, so maybe that describes you... but you don't really know about any of this "Jesus stuff." That's okay! Please keep reading in the future--I want to take you on a journey of life with Christ through my ramblings, so stay tuned for more of those.
Now, maybe that used to describe you. You were once a searching soul, in the sense I just described, but you have filled the void with Christ. How does "a searching soul" apply to your life now? Well, I know that for me, I am searching for God's plan for my life right now, and I bet you are too, in some sense.
I implore you to keep checking in to my (very new and currently vacant) blog as we take this soul searching quest together.
Your comments are desired, your questions longed for, and your opinion highly encouraged! I await your response!
Preview of my next post:
[Edit: not my next post... but definitely coming soon!]
I know God is calling me into some sort of ministry and mission work, but what exactly that looks life is kind of murky right now. I'm going to express some things that God has made clearer to me over the past few weeks, and I would LOVE some discernment from my brothers and sisters!
Aaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo much excitement right now :)
I love you and I can't wait to read more!!
Also, I like the design and the title.
It makes you seem very school spirited too.
Aaaaaahhhhhh!!!!
Thanks Courtney :)
ReplyDeleteYou are definitely part of my inspiration for starting!